En Español »
DanceAbility® International’s mission is to encourage the evolution of mixed-abilities dance
by cultivating a common ground for creative expression for all people. The mission is accomplished through performance, educational
programs, teacher training and workshops.
The work of DanceAbility® International helps decrease
prejudice and misconceptions
diversity in the
of dance, and by
extension in society.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
- In the Eugene area, Sweaty Ganesh Yoga is hosting yoga class from 12-1:30p.m. at 820 Charnelton St. on April 26th to benefit our efforts here at DanceAbility International. The class is suitable for all levels of experience, and also for people with disabilities. The suggested donation amount is $5-10, or more.
- Also on April 26th, from 2:00-4:00p.m., there will be a get together at Falling Sky Deli at 790 Blair Blvd. Falling Sky Brewery is donating 25% of participating customers' sales - including food, beverages, AND gift certificates - to DanceAbility International from 11am-midnight at both locations (790 Blair Blvd. and Falling Sky Brewing House at 1334 Oak Alley). An actual or virtual flyer is required to participate, so please bring the flyer or get an e-version. A copy of the flyer is available here.
- A new session of the teens class, in Eugene, began March 18th on Wednesday at 3:45p.m-4:45p.m. and will continue until May 20th, 2015 (No class March 25th). The cost of the class is $100. Nobody will be turned away for lack of funds, so scholarships and general registration are available by contacting us at 541-342-3273, or our .
- The next DanceAbility Teacher Certification Course will be in Austin, Texas in two ten-day sessions - May 11-22 and December 7-18, 2015. Check our calendar for more .
- Another DanceAbility Teacher Certification Course will be in Helsinki, Finland from June 28th - July 24th, 2015. For more details, visit our or DanceAbility Finland's .
- The European DanceAbility Conference will be on October 29th - 31st, 2015 in Trier, Germany. Please visit their page for more information: .
To get involved with DanceAbility® in Eugene, Oregon, try this DanceAbility Method-based class: Certified DanceAbility Teachers Celeste Peterson and Emery Blackwell lead a dance improvisation workshop the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. See our and their for details (go to their Arts and Culture section, as well as the Schedule and Registration sections).
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work, as we celebrate 25 years of groundbreaking dance.
- In the Eugene area, there are some businesses that will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International! Through their participation with eScrip or GoodDining, Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie, Davis, Turtle’s, Cornucopia, B2 Wine Bar, and others will help us provide more free or low-cost dance programming with your help!
See our for easy sign-up details.
Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
P.O. Box 51257
Eugene, OR 97405