En Español »
Joint Forces Dance Company’s mission is to encourage the evolution of contemporary dance and provide ways for people to connect through dance. This mission is accomplished through the work of DanceAbility International, contact improvisation workshops and events, and performances.
The work of JFDC creates inclusive communities through dance.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
- DanceAbility had the honor of being featured on OPB’s Emmy-award winning show, Oregon Art Beat. To watch the episode please
- Eugene, Oregon, August 7th – September 2nd, 2016 - In this four-week, full-time training, participants learn how to teach and lead dance, movement, and theater groups integrating all abilities and disabilities. Teachers learn to create a foundation of equality and respect among students, and to build connections and community between people through dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our
- Ashland, Oregon, September 16,17,18 and September 23,24,25, 2016 – Danceability Teacher Orientation. This teacher training course provides basic DanceAbility exercises and theory for immediate application for those who want to lead movement improvisation and mixed-abilities inclusive dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our .
- Lane County, Oregon, September - June, 2016-17 'Everybody Can Dance' Youth and Adult Classes in Eugene, Cottage Grove, and Junction City. Three ten week sessions – Fall, Winter, and Spring. New participants are welcome, as are adult volunteers. More information coming soon. To download a registration form, please
Eugene, Oregon, Sunday, July 24,2016 - Performance at the Lane County Fair, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Location: Lane County Fairground (796 W 13th Ave, Eugene, OR) For more information please .
Eugene, Oregon, July 30, 2016 – Performance at the Children’s Festival, 10:30 – 11:00 a.m. Location: Island Park (200 West B Street, Springfield)
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, September 9 and Washington D.C., October 16, 2016 - "Don't Leave Me" weaves dance, music, and architecture in a celebration of equality and empowerment, and features professional dancers with and without disabilities. Performances of Don't Leave Me supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Eugene and across the USA – Join Escrip and there are some businesses that will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International! For example, in Eugene through their participation with eScrip, Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie, Cozmic Pizza, Maru Asian Tapas Bar, El Tapatio and others will help us provide more free or low-cost dance programming with your help! See our for easy sign-up details.
- Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work, as we celebrate 25 years of groundbreaking dance.
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska - You can help DanceAbility earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer rewards card. See our for easy sign-up details.
576 Olive St. Suite 208
Eugene, OR 97401