En Español »
Joint Forces Dance Company’s mission is to encourage the evolution of contemporary dance and provide ways for people to connect through dance. This mission is accomplished through the work of DanceAbility International, contact improvisation workshops and events, and performances.
The work of JFDC creates inclusive communities through dance.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
- DanceAbility had the honor of being featured on OPB’s Emmy-award winning show, Oregon Art Beat. To watch the episode please
- 'Everybody Can Dance' classes across Lane County, Oregon. To download a registration form, please
Cottage Grove: Mondays 5:00-6:00pm from September 19 - November 14 at Opal Center 513 Main Street, Cottage Grove, OR.
Eugene: Youth classes: Thursdays 4:00-5:00 from September 29 - November 17 at Hilyard Community Center 2580 Hilyard Street, Eugene, OR.
Eugene: Adult classes: Thursdays 5:00-6:00 from September 29 - November 17 at Hilyard Community Center 2580 Hilyard Street, Eugene, OR.
Washington, D.C., Monday, October 17th, 2016 – “Feel the Force” lecture by Alito Alessi and Frances Bronet, 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. Lecture on set and space design in “Don’t Leave Me” and beyond. Free and open to the public; presented by School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, (301)405-6286. ALSO: Alito Alessi leads master classes in Studio C at the Dance Department at the University of Maryland for registered students (which continue Oct. 17th), and hosts an evening contact improvisation jam there.
- Creative Research Intensive with DanceAbility and Dance Exchange. Saturday October 15th, 10:30am - 5:30pm at 7117 Maple Avenue, Takoma Park, Maryland, 20902.
The morning session will be led by Dance Exchange staff. The afternoon session will be led by DanceAbility method founder, and Guggenheim Fellow for choreography, Alito Alessi. To register, email email@example.com. (This is part of the Dance Exchange series "Access and Ability" Dance Exchange brings together local, national, and international partners to explore dance, performance, and movement with all abilities.)
- Montevideo, Uruguay, October 24-28 - DanceAbility Teacher Orientation with Alito Alessi, in English with translation into Spanish. For schedule and registration details, email danceability.com
- Upcoming Teacher Orientation in Germany. Date: First Weekend: Friday, October 28 - Saturday, October 30th and Second Weekend: Saturday, December 10 - Sunday, December 11, 9:30a.m. - 4:30p.m. Where: Trier, Germany, with Maja Hehlen. Taught in German only, unless non-German speakers register. for more information. Click here for a link to our calander.
- Eugene and across the USA – Join Escrip and many businesses will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International to help us provide more free of low-cost dance programming. For example, Eugene business participants include Market of Choice, Safeway, and many popular restaurants. See our for easy sign-up details.
- Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work.
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska - DanceAbility earns donations when you shop with your Fred Meyer rewards card and designate us. See our for easy sign-up details.
576 Olive St. Suite 208
Eugene, OR 97401