En Español »
DanceAbility International’s mission is to dissolve barriers and connect people with and without disabilities through dance and movement. This mission is accomplished through classes, workshops and events for adults and children, performances, teacher trainings and educational materials for teachers of inclusive dance.
The work of JFDC creates inclusive communities through dance.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
DanceAbility Teacher Certification Course in August, 2017 (Four Weeks). Where: Thessaloniki, Greece.
Dates: Sunday, August 6 - Friday, September 1, 2017. Approximately 10:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Taught by Alito Alessi in English, with translation into Greek. Tuition is 1500 euros.
(The DanceAbility Teacher Certification Course in July, 2017, in Lisbon, Portugal is full.)
DanceAbility Orientations in April and May, 2017 (Five Days):
1. Quito, Ecuador,
April 19 - April 23, $200 U.S. Taught by Alito Alessi in English, with translation into Spanish.
2. Hong Kong, May 1 - 5 with Alito Alessi, 10:00am - 5:30pm daily. Cost: 2700 HKD - HKD5000 with early bird
discount till the 8th of April.
- 'Everybody Can Dance' classes in Lane County, Oregon, spring, 2017: registration form available by emailing us.
Eugene: Youth classes (ages 10 and up): Thursdays 4:00-5:00pm, April 6 - June 8, 2017, Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard Street, Eugene.
Eugene: Adult classes: Thursdays 5:00-6:00pm, April 6 - June 8, Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard Street, Eugene.
Cottage Grove: Mondays 5:15-6:15pm, April 3 - June 12, CG Body Studio, 28 S 6th St B, Cottage Grove (no class Monday, May 29th); class is for adults and teens combined.
Springfield: Children's classes (ages 5 - 13): Mondays 3:45-4:30pm, April 3 - June 12. Please email us for location details.
Classes are $100 for 9 or 10-class series, and full and partial scholarships are available to all who need them.
Eugene: Adult classes: First and third Thursdays, 10:00-11:00am and 3:00-4:00pm. Please email us for details.
- Artistic Director Alito Alessi will give the keynote speech and a DanceAbility workshop at the International Dance Day celebration in Shanghai, and three DanceAbility International dancers from
Eugene, Oregon, will premiere Alessi's new piece, "Third Wheel," April 27 - April 30th.
- Eugene and across the USA – Join eScrip and many businesses will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International to help us provide more free of low-cost dance programming. For example, Eugene business participants include Market of Choice, Safeway, and many popular restaurants. See our for easy sign-up details.
- Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work.
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska - DanceAbility earns donations when you shop with your Fred Meyer rewards card and designate us. See our for easy sign-up details.
- DanceAbility had the honor of being featured on OPB’s Emmy-award winning show, Oregon Art Beat. To watch the episode please
576 Olive St. Suite 208
Eugene, OR 97401